The Little White Dress Shop gals attended the New York International Bridal Market, and were kind enough to share with us what their take is on the trends for 2012 bridal gowns....so read on fashionistas!
Here's a modified version of their blog post of the TOP SIX 2012 Bridal Fashion Trends from the runways, enjoy!
1. Hints of color! Ivory remains the color of choice for most all bridal gown designers, but touches of color made an appearance in colored embroidery, fabric, lace and ribbons.
2. Lace! Kate Middleton’s wedding gown has certainly influenced the 2012 collections with a beautiful selection of all lace wedding gowns in all silhouettes. Some styles shown were full lace, and ¾ or cap lace sleeves on a variety of styles from most all designers.
3. Sashes! Apparently the sash continues to be THE accessory in 2012!
4. Matching Veils! Designers are finally going for the complete look with a selection of veils that match the their gown collections. Finally ladies your look will be completely styled!
5. Jackets, portrait collars, one strap options, wraps! Add your own flair to the gown with a jacket, portrait collar, strap or wrap.
6. The trend to watch for.....Hi-low skirts! (hem-lines hitting just below the knee in front, transitioning to the traditional longer skirt and train in back) Not yet an official “trend” for 2012 bridal styles, but definitely introduced and a trend to watch. Finally you'll be able to show off those stunning shoes!