Welcome!

Welcome to Classic Creations' Blog!
My name is Julie Gambrell and I'm the owner of this fabulous wedding and event planning company. We are based out of Highlands Ranch, Colorado, but travel the world planning spectacular events.

We love planning and designing weddings....it's the best job in the world! Be sure to subscribe to our blog to get the latest tips and inspirations in wedding planning as we update it often! Oh, and give us a call if you need some wedding planning assistance!

Cheers! -Julie

Friday, October 8, 2010

Photo of the Week: Mema's Thank You Card

While rummaging through old photos, I came across one of my favorites. A while ago one of my aunts discovered a box full of extra thank you notes from my grandma and grandpa's wedding. My grandparents had both recently moved to the United States and were living in New York where they met and were married. My grandma, "Mema," was born and raised in Dungannon, Ireland, and my grandpa was from Dunfermline in Scotland.

They tied the knot at St. Sebastian's Church in Queens, New York in February, 1956. Weren't they a lovely pair? I love everything about this photo - the dainty bows on her dress, her crown, the major 1950s haircut on him, and even the font on the perfect message at the bottom. I'm sure they had a beautiful wedding.

1 comment:

Photo Wedding Thank You Cards said...

I realized that old thank you cards is really so simple, but it's cute.